Risk assessments for Display Screen Equipment (DSE) users are a legal requirement throughout Europe,
as is user training. We can give you clear, practical advice to make your workstations safe, comfortable and productive.
What do you need to do?
This is a structured process which you will be able to manage many parts of yourself. The Regulations require you to:
- Decide who your users are
- Train your users and identify and train assessors
- Assess the workstations and reduce the risks
- Make sure the workstations comply with minimum requirements
- Plan breaks and a changes of activities for users
- Provide eye sight tests for users
- Make sure your staff know what you are going to do, what you have done and what to do if they have a problem
Once you have identified your users you can do parts, 5, 6 and 7 with no outside help.
How can we help you?
We can help you with stages 2, 3 and 4
- We can help you train your users and assessors to do the basic assessments required.
- We can carry out more detailed assessments for any of your staff who identify initial problems to try and prevent lost time
- We can carry out more detailed assessments for staff who are diagnosed with an upper limb problem
- We can carry out individual assessments for staff returning from sickness to ensure their workstation has the necessary
adaptations to prevent reoccurrence of the problem
How will this help you?
It will ensure that you are not only complying with the law but you also gain real benefit from the assessments,
our DSE assessments are not just about ticking boxes but will help your business with:
- improved productivity and quality
- reduced sickness
- cut compensation claims
- improved customer service
- ensure in-house staff are deployed in the most appropriate way for your business
- improved return on investment in display screen equipment, office furniture and environment.