There is a legal requirement to assess your manual handling activities in the workplace.
This should be a structured process;
What do you have to do?
- Identify the manual handling risks present in your workplace
- Eliminate the risks you can and then assess the remaining risks
- Reduce and control those risks
- Review and monitor the risk reductions and reassess if the work changes
- Provide training for new equipment or work activities
How can we help you?
- We can help you to identify and assess those manual handing activities
- We will use a range of assessment techniques including
- Task analysis
- Postural analysis
- Assessment tools such as MAC, REBA, QEC
- Follow recognised HSE guidance to the manual handling regulations
- Identify practicable risk reduction and control measures
- We will then work with you to implement those measures
- We have an extensive knowledge of practicable solutions
Review and monitor:-
- We can help you to develop a plan to integrate manual handling management into your wider health and safety management plan to tackle these issues long term.
- We can advise on policies and procedures
- Training should be your last resort when seeking to reduce the risk of injury from manual handling. However we can offer training tailored to your workplace and activities, not just ‘an off the shelf’ package.
- Our training includes follow up and review to ensure your staff continue to follow the practices they have been trained in.
We can can also carry out:-
- Individual risk assessment following injury or for adaptation before returning to work after injury or long term sickness
- Write tailored ‘toolbox’ talks for your staff to deliver
- Carry out a review of your current systems to make sure you are doing all you can to control your manual handling risks, this would involve a paper review as well as a walk round your site to see if staff are actually following your procedures
How will this help you?
- Ensure legal compliance
- Improve productivity and quality
- Reduce ill-health, injuries and complaints
- Improve employees’ comfort and safety
- Cut compensation claims
- Contribute to staff morale and well-being.